This course provides line managers with the tools for effective team management. It details a number of techniques for achieving effective and worthwhile performance appraisals.Aimed at
This course is for line managers who have a direct responsibility for managing staff performance, and conducting performance appraisals on a regular basis.Course Content
- The performance management framework.
- Dealing with issues.
- The informal process.
- Action plans and record keeping.
- Formal action.
- Conduct vs capability.
- Dealing with the aftermath.
- Benefits of effective appraisals.
- Effective planning and preparation.
- What does a good appraisal look like?
- Information gathering.
- Questioning skills.
- Listening skills.
- Action plans.
- Barriers to an effective appraisal.
- Common mistakes during performance management and appraisals.