An approved IOSH training course.
The course can be completed on-site, as part of an open course over four consecutive days, or one day per week over 4 weeks.
- Business owners.
- Managers & Supervisors.
- Personnel with a responsibility for health and safety management.
Delegates are brought up to speed in all aspects of health and safety management, including legal responsibilities, risk assessment and investigating accidents. Following successful completion of a written assessment and practical exercise at the end of the course, delegates are awarded the IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
Follow the IOSH Managing Safely syllabus and latest course material supplied by IOSH.
- Introducing health and safety – legal, economic and moral reasons to manage safety.
- Assessing risk - what risk is and how it is rated.
- Controlling risk – how to reduce the risks identified in the risk assessment.
- Your responsibilities – how health and safety law work.
- Identifying hazards – the main hazards encountered in the workplace.
- Measuring performance – active and reactive measures of safety performance.
- Protecting the environment – an introduction to waste and pollution control.