Delegates provided with a good understanding of the Working at Height Regulations 2005 and the impact of the Working at Height (Amendment) Regulations 2007.
- Employees required to work at height.
- Those responsible for planning contracts that involve employees, contractors and sub-contractors working at height.
Delegates will develop an understanding of:
- When the regulations apply.
- The importance of the hierarchy of fall protection.
- Actions needed to comply with the regulatory requirements.
To provide a better understanding of working at height regulatory requirements and how to meet them. Using practical and engaging examples, delegates will learn how to transfer regulations and best practices into the workplace.
- Background to the Work at Height regulations.
- Duties of the regulations.
- Applying the hierarchy of fall protection.
- Avoiding work at height.
- Collective fall prevention - existing places of work.
- Collective fall prevention - equipment.
- Individual fall prevention.
- Collective fall limitation.
- Inspection of harnesses and lanyards.
- Safe use of ladders.