Provide delegates with the awareness and understanding needed to work with asbestos safely.
- Engineers, maintenance personnel, contractors and those likely to disturb asbestos at work.
- Supervisors, managers and contract holders who influence how asbestos work is carried out.
Delegates who complete this course will be able to:
- List the three main types of asbestos.
- Understand the health risks associated with exposure to asbestos.
- Understand the types and uses of some of asbestos containing materials and where they can be found.
- Identify the main requirements of the duty to manage asbestos in domestic properties.
- Explain basic decontamination procedures.
- The types and properties of asbestos.
- The health risks associated with exposure to asbestos.
- The main types of asbestos containing materials and where they can be found.
- The duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic properties.
- Safe work practices.
- Control limits.
- The use of PPE and RPE and their limitations.
- Accidental release and decontamination procedures.