For members of staff who undertake any form of manual handling as part of their job. Raises awareness of the potential injuries associated with poor manual handling practices.
To ensure delegates have a better understanding of:
- Their legal responsibilities.
- Designing safe manual handling operations.
- How effective manual handling operations can ensure safety.
Raises awareness of the importance of safe manual handling techniques and best practice.
Utilises the very latest learning methods, with special emphasis on participative and interactive workshops.
- The law
- The benefits of safe practice.
- The anatomy of back pain.
- Risk factors.
- How to carry out safe manual handling, including good handling techniques.
- Control measures and appropriate systems of work.
- Load environment and individual capabilities.
- Practical work.
- Course learning review and close.