Work related injuries and illness present a huge burden on employers. Losses from early retirements, staff absence, litigation and higher insurance premiums can suddenly make your profitable business an unviable business.
Adopting an effective health and safety management system will help you to meet your legal responsibilities, achieve operational excellence become more attractive to your stakeholders.
In our Introduction to BS EN OHSAS 18001: 2007 you will develop an understanding of the standard’s key terms and definitions. You will explore how to interpret and apply the key concepts and principles within your workplace, building on your existing processes.Aimed at
- Anyone who needs to understand BS EN OHSAS 18001: 2007 and how it works.
- Business owners and managers with responsibility for planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising, or auditing a health and safety management system.
- Quality managers, environmental managers and advisers.
- Integrated risks managers.
This course will help your organisation to:
- Have a sound grasp of the key requirements and benefits of BS EN OHSAS 18001: 2007.
- Interpret the requirements to manage risk and drive continual improvement.
- Bring health and safety into the heart of your organisational culture.
- Demonstrate health and safety commitment to key stakeholders.
- Overview of BS EN OHSAS 18001: 2007 – Importance and benefits.
- Key requirements, terms and definitions of BS EN OHSAS 18001: 2007.
- How to identify and assess hazards, implement controls and monitor performance.
- How to implement a framework that meets the needs of your organisation.
- Next steps for pursuing certification.
Download our ISO9001 Internal Auditor App for FREE!