Internal auditing is the key to maintaining compliance and developing good practice within your organisation. This course provides the knowledge and skills needed to conduct effective internal audits for BS OHSAS 18001.Aimed at
- Existing auditors wishing to refresh their knowledge.
- Newly appointed auditors.
- Health and safety managers/advisors.
- Quality managers.
- Environmental managers/advisors.
- Integrated risk managers.
- Any other personnel involved in occupational health and safety auditing.
This course will equip anyone with auditing responsibility with a thorough understanding of:
- The processes involved with auditing OH&S management systems.
- How to identify areas of concern and areas for improvement.
- How to reduce risk and reoccurrences of problems.
Delegates will develop the knowledge and skills to:
- Conduct internal audits.
- Conduct external audits with suppliers.
- An overview of health and safety management system auditing.
- BS OHSAS 18001:2007 requirements.
- Auditor competence, knowledge and skills.
- The audit process.
- Scheduling and planning.
- Conducting the audit.
- Reporting the audit.
- Close out of findings.
- Identification of effective corrective action.