This course is designed for managers or supervisors who are new to environmental management systems. It highlights the ways in which your organisation can:
- Use effective EMS tools to reduce waste.
- Improve environmental performance.
- Prepare for ISO14001: 2015.
By providing an understanding of their responsibilities, this course encourages staff to take ownership of your organisation’s EMS to help prevent pollution and improve environmental performance.Course Objectives
To ensure all who attend understand:
- The fundamental basics of ISO14001.
- The structure of an EMS as specified in the standard.
- How to evaluate current practices against the requirements of ISO14001.
- How to manage the impacts of their operations.
- Definition and brief history of environmental management systems and standards
- EMS approaches and in-house or consultancy support
- Benefits and costs of implementing an EMS
- ISO14001 in detail
- EMS registration and the route to ISO14001: 2015