Equip delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to deal with emergency chemical spillage and how to reduce the risk of chemical spills.
All employees who work with hazardous chemicals.
Inducting your staff in the prevention and management of chemical spills can help you to:
- Develop an organisation-wide approach to chemical management.
- Meet your legal obligations.
- Reduce the risk of heavy fines and litigation claims in the event of a spill.
- Protect the health and wellbeing of your staff, contractors and the general public.
- Reduce your organisation’s environmental impact.
By the end of the course, delegates will have an understanding of:
- How to reduce the risk of chemical spills.
- Organisational and personal legal responsibilities regarding chemical spills.
- Emergency preparedness procedures in the event of a chemical spill.
- Environmental implications in the event of a spill.
- Introduction to emergency response.
- Hot spots on your site (environmental impact analysis).
- Hazardous waste regulations.
- COMAH, CoSHH and other Health & Safety considerations.
- Preventive measures, segregation & storage of materials, layers of protection.
- Mitigating measures, including bunding, spill procedures and correct disposal.
- Practical demonstration (groups of 4/5).